Saturday, February 13, 2010

Reflection on Group Philosophy Teaching - Jigsaw Learning

I was confident about the information I had to teach my group about Perennialism and Essentialism. However, I think I had too much information. I have learned that part of planning is choosing which information is critical without overloading your students with unnecessary information. Everyone in the group provided visuals for their philosophy, and from their teachings, I was able to get an A+ on the Quizlet Quiz. Great job!!

I really enjoyed this type of learning. Jigsaw learning allows you to make sure you're on the right track by first meeting with an expert group. You really do become an expert because you get other group members definitions. Each definition brought another characteristic of the philosophy to the table. Enjoyable experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment