Thursday, February 4, 2010

Anticipate the anticipatory

I was excited to learn about anticipatory set because I have never even heard of it before. It's comforting to know that there is a way to grab the attention of students and get them to focus on the lesson. I've read that you can have the student relate the topic to their personal experience. This allows the teacher to find out what and how much of the topic they know and also grabs their attention. I like the idea of using a video to hook the students. I'll have to research "attention grabbers" and surprise everyone when it's my turn to micro teach.

It was a refresher for me to see the KWL chart. It really is an interesting tool to use when you want to achieve a goal. It makes you think about what your goal is and how you can achieve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment