Saturday, March 6, 2010

Activities are hands on fun!


I have been compiling tons of information on my topic of Native Americans. My next task is to organize this information so that I can match the standards, both NY and National, so that the Plan that I prepare is fully functional and well-rounded. I think the best part of this Unit Plan will be choosing activities that coincide with this topic. When I was younger, my dad, who was a town historian for many years, would take us to fields and we would look for arrowheads. We found a number of them and it was so exciting to have a material object that could connect to the past. I hope to be able to instill the same excitement in my students. Activities and hands on projects make learning much more memorable. These are the things that make kids remember. It worked for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment