Sunday, April 11, 2010

Get Ready...Get Set.....Start Your Activities!

I have begun creating Anticipatory Sets for my Unit Plan. Trying to keep it simple is harder than I thought. The micro teaching topic, which stressed not overwhelming students by bringing in an elephant to teach the color gray, has stuck with me. I have memorized KIS, an acronym for Keep it Simple. I have planned five activities which I hope meet the requirements of an Anticipatory Set and I am now on to plan the enabling activities. It is important in this step to remember to plan a variety of activities for different learners. When I went to school, this was never done and it made me feel very inadequate if I didn't "get it." I want to make sure that my students never feel like that, so I have to be very creative when I start planning. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment