Saturday, July 31, 2010

Flickr, Photobucket & Picnik - WoW

My screentoaster link to hear my presentation. I apologize about the PPT not being available with the recording, but when I went to put it on the whole site shut down. My 5 minute presentation has turned into over a 4 hour nightmare. I also tried Jing but then ran out of time. When I went back to redo it, it said that Jing had to temporarily close and I haven't been able to get back on it. So you have my recording and you have my PPT, just not in the same place. : )

Grading criteria checklist for your WoW project presentation and blog reflection include:

Organization of the presentation (flow, length, practiced). Presentation parts: Intro, Body, and Conclusion + References and Appendices. I organized my presentation as if it were being given at a professional workshop, however the information within my presentation could very easily be presented to students as it describes the basics of those photo-sharing sites and how to begin.

Topic stimulation (active engagement) - the topic stimulation would be to go to the actual sites and have the students participate in editing/decorating a picture that they have taken.

Usefulness of materials (clear, practical, handy, relevant, informative, handout(s), resources provided). I feel that the material is practical because it explains how to join these sites, the basic advantages as far as free editing tools, how to share your pictures and what methods of media to use to share your photos/videos.

Knowledge of the topic (expertise, good ideas, insights). Flickr, Photobucket and Picnik are all photo-sharing sites. At first it seemed a bit confusing because it seemed like they were all the same, but after researching them and using them to actually edit one of my own photos, I was able to pass on some good ideas for each site.

Scope of teaching ideas and curriculum impact (goals clear, important, appropriate, significant, doable). I believe that I portrayed clear goals as far as how photo-sharing could be used in the classroom. I also provided some advantages and disadvantages so that anyone viewing my presentation could see the appropriateness for students.

Effort (digging deep, extensive depth displayed in the research and provided presentation, work-work-work-work, persistence). My gave my best effort in this presentation and tried to use each site so that I could tell the listeners what site would work best for them.

Audience involvement (Grabbers, Check for Understanding stops, activities, Summative assessment tools, etc.). I feel that my grabber would be my brochure and checking for understanding. I have included a youtube video that really explains the usefulness of photo-sharing in schools.

References (APA style is followed). References follow the APA style guidelines.

No comments:

Post a Comment