Saturday, July 24, 2010

Kidspiration Venn Diagram



I chose this Venn Diagram because it goes along with the Unit Plan I created for Dr. Smirnova's Curricular Planning class. The learning outcome I would expect for my mind-mapping venn diagram would be that the students would be able to visualize the objects used by the Native Americans, the Colonists and also items that they both used. The venn diagram will show the students similarities and differences between the Natives and Colonists. This type of assessment provides the teacher with diagnostic feedback. It shows if the students understand what was used by each group of people. I think this mind-map tool will improve the student's learning because it is not just words on a page. The pictures of the tools, homes, food, etc., give the students a visual understanding of what was available during that time period and who used what. I would say the most important thing I learned from this activity would be to make sure that I include assessments like this creative Venn diagram from Kidspiration. It all started with my Unit Plan on Native Americans. I then took the Measurement and Evaluation class this summer and I created a in depth test that goes along with this Unit Plan. Now I have a cool mind-mapping tool that I could include along with it. It is very exciting to have all of these tools to incorporate and fit into assessments for my Unit Plan. I really enjoyed working with Kidspiration. The thing I liked best was the amount of clipart they use and the ability to make sound.

2 comments:

  1. Sally,
    FIrst I love you blog page. You have done an amazing job. I also was reading about the Venn Diagram that you created. Great Job! I agree Kidspiration and Inspiration are great tools for teachers but also for students

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Venn Diagram looks great! Using clipart as you have would be excellent for any grade, especially younger students. Mind-mapping is a great tool to use with visual learners and will help students remember information in a more lasting way! -Kayleigh

    ReplyDelete