Monday, July 19, 2010

"You're Putting My Work Where?" said the student to the teacher.

In an E-folio.

"Why?": To show how much you've changed and identify your strengths and weaknesses, show your end of year accomplishments, and evaluate your progress toward the standards so that I can place you appropriately.

"What will you put in my e-folio?" Anything can be included in a portfolio, but I would mostly select samples of work that illustrate your best performance in designated areas or the culmination of progress you made. I will collect your work along the way but save the selection and reflection until the end.

"Will my work be in a folder?" I would like to make an E-Folio (electronic file), however there are paper portfolios and hybrid portfolios which hold artwork, audio/video and more 3-D projects.

"Who will see my portfolio?" Well, you will tell about your portfolio to your classmates, friends, and family. You will be so proud of all your work and will be amazed at how much you've grown throughout the year. You will actually be able to assess your achievements yourself.

"How do I get my work into an E-Folio?" There are so many Web 2.0 tools to help you publish your work, some of them are: "Me" Publishing, Photo sharing (Flickr), youtube, Plone, del.icio.us (a social bookmarking site), shared writing spaces like Wiki (PB Works), media creation, podcasts, start pages, and online office tools. If you want to check them out follow this link http://electronicportfolios.com/web20.html#web2

Things have really changed from 1.0 to 2.0. The portfolio focuses on your individuality and creativity. You are the driving force behind this portfolio!

No comments:

Post a Comment